Shotgun Shooting Training with Virtual Reality
Wouldn’t you like to play a virtual reality clay shooting simulation with your own shotgun ? Not with an XBox or a hand controller, but your own gun as the game controller ?
Now you can with CLAZER’s software and patented VR gun controller bracket
For Oculus VR we recommend you put the hand controllers on a gun peripheral bracket
You will need the following software and hardware
- HTC Vive VR System with a VR capable PC computer
- HTC Vive Tracker
- CLAZER Gun Controller Version on Steam
- CLAZER Gun Controller Mounting Bracket
- A shotgun – an over/ under 12 or 20 gauge or s single barrel
Playing a VR game with a real gun as the controller host (that is twinned by the virtual gun in the game) takes VR realism to another level. It feels more real, your gun movement control is enhanced, the VR gun moves more realistically in the game. You have to try it to believe it. Simply put: you will not want to go back to an X Box or a hand controller
Play CLAZER shotgun practice. Here’s how to set up the Vive Tracker Gun Controller.
It may help to tie the Tracker directly into the PC via USB and to use one of the Hand Controller pairing icons to pair the Tracker.
- Start with VR mode turned off in Steam
- Plug Vive Tracker USB dongle and extension adapter into computer USB port
- Enable VR mode in Steam
- Plug in the left Hand Controller via USB to pair it to Steam
- Right click the SteamVR window and select Devices->Pair Controller
- Hold down the button on the Vive Tracker to enable pairing mode
- This did not pair, but a grey icon of the Tracker appears on the SteamVR window
- Hold down the button on the Vive Tracker again to enable pairing mode
- Right click the grey Vive Tracker icon on the SteamVR window and select Pair Tracker
- Vive Tracker and one Hand Controller should now be paired
Trouble shooting pairing a Vive Tracker to SteamVR:
- Make sure only a single VR controller is powered on.
- Open SteamVR and ‘Right Click’ on the controller icon.
- Click the ‘Pair Controller’ option to attempt to pair the Tracker
- Hold the ‘Power Button’ on the Vive Tracker until the LED blinks blue. This means it’s in pairing mode.
- A green tracker icon should appear in the SteamVR window indicating a successful pair
Instructions for Lead Tech Gun Controller configuration with Clazer:
- Put your HTC Vive Headset on.
- In VR, Go to the controller bindings screen for Clazer (Bottom left in Settings).
- In the top right under ‘Current Controller’ select the box and change it to ‘Vive Tracker in Hand’.
- Make sure the Default bindings are selected (Default bindings for legacy applications for Vive Trackers in Hand).
- In the upper right hand corner, select the box that says ‘Manage Trackers’.
- Make sure the first box is set to ‘Held in Hand’ and set the second box to right hand.
- Launch Clazer
- When the options appear, use the motion controller in your left hand to select Vive Tracker input
- Open or Download the Steam application for Windows https://store.steampowered.
- If you do not already have Clazer installed on your PC:
- Once the Steam Windows application is open, select the STORE tab at the top.
- On the Search Bar, search for CLAZER and select it
- Select Add to Cart
- In Steam, select the LIBRARY tab at the top and install or update CLAZER
2. Pair the Vive Tracker
- Follow the SteamVR instructions to pair your Vive Tracker.
3. Install the paired Tracker onto the lower barrel of your shotgun
Put your HTC Vive Headset on.
In VR, go to the controller bindings screen for Clazer (Bottom left in Settings).
In the top right under ‘Current Controller’ select the box and change it to ‘Vive Tracker in Hand’.
In the upper right hand corner, select the box that says ‘Manage Trackers’.
Make sure the first box is set to ‘Held in Hand’ and set the second box to ‘Any Hand’.